Friday, May 8, 2009

Amitabh Bhachhaaan and Hindi Cinemas

Its been a month and I haven't seen a movie. So, I am looking around to see if I can find a movie theater, or a CD shop at least. My quest lead to this wonderful conversation with Chali.

Sandip: You said you like Hindi songs, have you seen any hindi movie ?
(He smiles, sparkle in eyes. I realized he's got something interesting to tell)
Chali: Yeah .. I watched few movies sometime ago ..
Sandip: Wow .. so you watch Hindi movies. Thats great. What do you know about Bollywood.
Chali: Yeah .. I know amitabh bhachhaan, Mithun Chakrawaati, Dharmendra. And Govinda is my favourite.
He gave me a Govinda Smile.
Sandip: Wow... Thats cool. What movies did you watch ?
Chali: Yeah .. I saw 'Mard', 'Disco Dancer', 'Hum'.
Uhh .. I am prepared to go back .. ages.
Sandip: Thats good. And what about Govinda.
Chali: Hatyaa ..
Sandip: Which one ?
I am trying hard to remember
Chali: Hatyaa ..
Sandip: Yeah .. Govinda movie. ;)
I cant remember
Chali: And I know Amrish Kapoor.
Sandip: Amrish .... was that Amrish Poori or Rishi Kapoor?
Chali: Yeah .. Amrish Amrish ... He is like 'Katili'.
Sandip: Katili, what is that supposed to be?
Chali: Katili is like .. ummm ..
Sandip: Hero .. Villain .. negative role, positive role ..
Chali: Yeah .. negative role. Bad guys who commit crime.
Sandip: Ohh ... Then it must be Amrish Poori . Who fight Hero .. Amitabh .. Govinda
Chali: Yeah .. right. I like Hindi movies. They are very good. I used to see them long ago.
Sandip: Do you know any latest .. young heroes .. like shahrukh .. hritik ?
Chali: I know shahrukh .. Sunny Deol, salman, shetty ..
Sandip: And what about actresses ?
Chali: What ..
Sandip: Heroin .. female actor .. aishwaryaa rai ??
Chali: Yeah .. I know Hemamalini.
Sandip: Good !!! So, what was the last movie you watched ?
Chali: I saw .. 'Tum Paas AAye .. Tum ne na jaane kya sapne dikhaye' ..
I am struggling now .. it just takes time .
Chali: Its 'Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai'.
Sandip: Wow .. you beat me now. So, where do you see movies.
Chali: We go and get video cassettes. We have cinema theater in Dar ..
Sandip: I want to see one movie now.
Chali: Here in Dodoma, we do not have theater. We can buy CDs or Cassettes from One way street.
Sandip: Thats great news. I will go and check out.

I found my place. One Way Street.

1 comment:

  1. Whom did you speak to? This person knows more about Hindi movies than the Directors themselves! He'll certainly put many of us to shame!

    ReplyDelete